Features and Benefits
- Mezzo Full-Frame Replacement System delivers superior performance with consistent, aesthetically pleasing exterior trim.
- The EdgeForce low-profile frame and sash creates an expanded glass area while internal chambers increase structural integrity, rigidity and energy efficiency.
- The Ocular screen bulb seal eliminates light penetration between the screen and frame and aids in easy screen installation and removal.
- CoreFX composite reinforcement helps reduce the transfer of energy while strengthening meeting rails and allowing for secure mounting of hardware.
- Defense-Tek end-of-throw cam shift locking action delivers increased strength and protection.
- Forecaster quickly directs water runoff, keeping the exterior of the window clean and attractive.
- The HP3 telescoping sill dam delivers protection from air and water infiltration, increases structural stability and enhances beauty.
- Gatekeeper interlocking sash-to-sill technology delivers a unified wall of strength.
Insulating Glass Packages
Reducing energy loss is often the number one reason for purchasing replacement windows. Windows are roughly 80% glass, so it’s important to choose the ideal glass system for your home and climate. Upgrading to a high-performance Low-E (low-emissivity) insulated glass package will help further increase year-round energy savings.
Mezzo offers free families of high-performance insulated glass packages:
- ClimaTech – combines insulating Low-E glass, argon gas and the Intercept Warm-Edge Spacer System.
- ClimaTech ThermD – features insulating Low-E glass, argon gas and a Stainless Steel Intercept Warm-Edge Spacer System.
- ClimaTech Plus – combines our Foam Spacer System with a glass unit of UV-filtering Low-E (low-emissivity) glass and argon gas.
- Consult your window professional for the optimal glass package required for your home and climate zone.
Learn More About Our Insulated Glass Packages
Cavity Foam Insulation
Mezzo Windows with enhanced cavity foam insulation are different than other windows. The silver-gray foam insulation provides greater thermal protection to keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer with less energy spending.
- The foam incorporates high-purity graphite granules into the expanded polystyrene (EPS) raw material.
- Each polystyrene granule contains graphite, giving it a silver-gray color and increasing its insulating performance above conventional EPS foam insulation.
- The carbonized foam material reﬂects radiant heat, lowers the thermal conductivity and improves the insulation capacity.
- Select chambers of the window are thermally enhanced with the precision-contoured foam liners to increase energy efﬁciency and achieve a lower U-factor.
- U-Factor represents the window’s resistance to heat ﬂow and energy loss–the lower the U-Factor, the greater the energy savings.
- Available in single-hung, double-hung, sliding and picture windows.
Learn more about Mezzo Windows with Cavity Foam Insulation
High Performance Sliding Window
Precision-engineered to meet the challenging demands of intense wind and rain, Mezzo 3002 HP Sliding Windows are an excellent choice for coastal regions or areas with severe weather. The high-performance construction combines Mezzo’s clean-lined aesthetics with heavy-duty structural upgrades to provide superior strength and durability – as well as peace of mind that your home is protected with a powerful shield.
- Mezzo 3002 HP Sliding Windows meet or exceed Performance Grade (PG) 50 requirements for resistance to air pressure, water penetration and structural load – creating a highly effective barrier in areas that experience severe rainstorms and harsh coastal climate conditions. The higher the PG rating, the better the window will perform.
- An extruded aluminum roller track, instead of a standard vinyl track insert, delivers higher water resistance
- Two new steel reinforcements in the lock and keeper stiles and reinforced rails increase structural integrity to limit the deflection under load.
- A metal block has been added to the head, and metal slide brackets have been added to the top and bottom of the sashes. The metal brackets on the sashes engage the metal block in the head and the aluminum roller track in the sill – resulting in a higher windload rating. Sashes do not lift out for easy cleaning.
- A recessed lock will be standard.
- Two panes of heavy-duty 5 mm (13/64″) glass in the insulated glass unit increases durability and energy efficiency, with an overall IGU thickness of 3/4″.
- Available in the Box/Replacement frame only; nail fin frame options and vent latches are not available on the 3002 HP.
Learn more about the 3002 High Performance Sliding Window